You live in a war zone and you ever wondered what was life in other countries? Everyone like to live in a peaceful and happy nation, Right? The Global Peace Index (GPI) report from the Institute of Economics and Peace shows the relative level of peace in 162 countries. They ranked the countries based on 22 different indicators, including level of violent crime, relations with neighbouring countries, the absence of war, contribution to U.N peace keeping mission, schooling…etc.. The low GPI index score indicates more peaceful countries. Followings list of 10 most peaceful countries in the world.
- Iceland According to Global Peace Index for the year 2017, Iceland is the most peaceful country to live.The country has high level democracy, gender equality and low incarceration. The literacy rate in the country is 99% and there is no tuition fee for education. The Icelanders are also one of well-informed people in the world. They are also top in reading literacy and book publication.There is female presence in politics, education, health and employment in Iceland. It is also the first European country to elect a female President, Vigdis Finnbogadottir became the fourth President of Iceland in 1980. Iceland is also free from mosquitoes because they can’t thrive in Icelandic conditions.
- DenmarkDenmark is a least corrupt and happiest country in the world. The high literacy rate, advanced health care systems, high standard of living and prosperity make Denmark as an exceptionally good country to live in.This Nordic country also ranked among the top countries with gender equality. This implies strong presence of women in political empowerment, health and education in Denmark.The high level social welfare in Denmark promises free education and health care. It helps the Danes to achieve work-life balance due to high taxation in the country. The residents of Copenhagen (most populated city in Denmark) prefer to ride bicycles or walking to reach their school or workplace. It is to make the city carbon-neutral by the year 2025.
- AustriaThis European country is one of best place to live because the country has very low crime and homicide rate. Austria is also known for its cleanliness and strict recycling law to protect the environment.As by nominal per capital GDP Austria is one of the richest country in the world. The country also has a high standard of living and awesome transportation systems. The beauty and historical architecture of Austria also attracts millions of tourists every year.
- New Zealand New Zealand has a truly advanced social progress, low incarceration and friendly relation with neighboring countries. There are also strong and independent judiciary system and much committed police force in the country.This safe country also offers world class educational system and advanced health care. The Kiwis also get free or low cost health care from the government in case of sickness or unemployment.
- SwitzerlandThe clean cities, low crime rate and high quality food make Switzerland as one of the happiest countries to live in. Switzerland has top-notch educational and healthcare system.Undoubtedly, such system help to improve the talent of the people.The salary rate in the country is high and the tax rate is relatively low. Switzerland is also one of the best tax havens in the world.Switzerland is also one of top greenest countries in the world. The Swiss commonly prefer renewable energy sources and eco-friendly products. The country also has extensive cycling routes.
- FinlandFinland is a least corrupt country in the world. The strong legal framework in the country maintains government accountability and openness. The military force of Finland only takes part in UN’s peacekeeping missions.Finland ranks in top level for education and gender equality. The country demands no fee for any level of education. The Finns are also high performers in reading, mathematics and science. The maternal mortality rate is also very low in the country.
- CanadaThe Canadian government considered the security of citizens as one of the core elements of a good nation. The country has very low homicide and crime rate. According to the report of the OECD (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development) Canada has a life satisfaction score of 7.6 out of 10.Canada is also one of top educated countries in the world. The percentage of tertiary education population of the country is 52.6%.
The voter turnout percentage in Canada is 61%. This data indicate Canadians trust in their government. The government also abolished the capital punishment in 1976. The unemployment rate in Canada is also very low, just 6.6%.
- JapanThe technologically advanced Japan is also well known for peace keeping in the society. The rate of violent crime and homicide are very low in the country. Japan only has a defense force for internal security and has no professional military force at all. Japan also keeps a cordial relationship with the neighboring countries.Japan is also the third largest economy in the world by nominal GDP (US$5960180 millions). Japan also has an awesome transportation system. The passenger transportation in Japan mainly relies on railways. The bullet trains in Japan can achieve a maximum speed of 350 km/hr. The average delay time of trains in this country is just 10-16 seconds.
- AustraliaAustralia is a land of opportunities, good weather, efficient infrastructure, world class educational system and natural wonders.Thankfully, the rate of robbery, sexual assault and homicide in Australia is very low. So, you can roam around the country without any fear. As Australia has a multi-cultural population, you won’t feel like a stranger in this country.Australia is a perfect destination for job seekers, students and tourists. This economically powerful country offers many job opportunities. The world renowned Australian cities including Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane provide every kind of services for you. The mass migration to Australia indicate all these factors.
The voter turnout rate in Australia is very high (more than 93%). It shows how trustworthy the Australian government is. It is also one of least corrupt countries in the world. In addition to all these Australia is also free from pollution and has very good water quality.
- Czech RepublicCzech Republic is a small landlocked European country which shares borders with Austria, Germany, Slovakia and Poland. Tourism is the main industry in the Czech Republic. Prague, the beautiful capital city of the Czech Republic is one of the most visited cities in Europe.You don’t have to worry about violence or robbery if you are planning to visit the Czech Republic. Because, the crime rates in the country is very low. To ensure the safety of the foreigners there is also efficient emergency services
Due to the massive migration of the foreigner, the Czech Republic has a diverse population. As a result, you can see a wide variety of restaurants and bars throughout the country. Your pleasant journey across this country is promised with the cheap and safe public transportation system.