The Aquarius is a real political and humanitarian issues in Europe and beyond. Here’s are short information on this ship that you need to know to understand this complex affair!
- This boat is a humanitarian ship which has a mission of saving lives in the Mediterranean sea.
- Since the beginning of operations of the Aquarius in February 2016, 29.500 migrants have been rescued in a little more than 200 rescue operations, according to the association.
- So far, this ship has flown the flag of the Panama. This country recently revoked the ship’s flag. This event is paramount because the Aquarius can become a pirate ship.
- This ship has become a hot topic between several European countries, namely France, Spain and Italy.
- The association SOS Méditerranée pays for the functioning of the Ship. A day would cost 11.000 euros and the ship exists thanks to donations.